Hello, blogging world!
Lately, I’m really enjoying making lists and writing blogs containing “Top 10/20 ___”. So if you haven’t already guessed by the title, today’s post is all about my favourite films. They’re in no particular order because it’s just impossible to rank them as they’re all fabulous in their own right.
1. The Notebook – Very cliché but this film is a classic. Is there anyone who didn’t want Allie and Noah to end up together? Doesn’t every girl want their very own Noah? And yes, I did cry at the ending.
2. The Blind Side – This film is an absolute emotional rollercoaster. You’ll laugh, cry and everything in between. It’s a true story and it’s about an American footballer called Michael Oher. I repeat, it’s emotional, so don’t say I didn’t warn you.
3. Dear John – I am very girlie when it comes to my film choices and I’m aware that this too seems very cliché. But this film is just… amazing. I love it so much and Channing Tatum is very easy on the eyes isn’t he?!
4. Mary Poppins – I just HAD to put this one on the list. It’s definitely a childhood favourite that I’ll always come back to. When I was really little I used to watch it on repeat for hours on end, I’d even cry when it finished until someone put it back on. Maybe I was just a little bit obsessed?
5. 10 Things I Hate About You – Heath Ledger. Romance. Comedy. Emotional rollercoaster (again). What’s not to love?
6. Legally Blonde – Elle Woods taught every girl to remember two things: do not let boys be mean to you (and if they’re mean, then just go to Harvard and show them who’s boss) and that pink is an important colour. Remember girls – exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy and happy people do not shoot their husbands.
7. Easy A – As a girl who LOVES Emma Stone, Easy A was easily making this list (see what I did there?). I love her “screw you” attitude and how she always seems to be truly content with herself. And, cmon who doesn’t love the Pocket Full of Sunshine shower scene?
8. Coyote Ugly – If you didn’t have major envy for Violet dancing on the bar, are you even human? The sassiness of those women is absolute goals and you just have to sing along to Can’t Fight The Moonlight. And maybe, just maybe, pretend you’re on the bar.
9. Dirty Dancing – Between the love story and the dance moves, I think every girl fell in love with Patrick Swayze. Whether you wanted to carry a watermelon or hear him tell your dad “nobody puts baby in the corner”, it didn’t matter, we can all agree on the fact he was a major heart-throb and you wish he’d flung you in the air and shimmied in your direction.
10. Pretty Woman – I think this is where I first truly fell in love with Julia Roberts. I mean, she was a prostitute and not a very good role model, but knowing that even prostitutes can find love gives you some kind of hope doesn’t it? And it even has a catchy song or two! But I totally don’t sing along… honest.
And that’s all!
My top ten films.
Why not let me know what your favourites are in the comment section below? I’d love some recommendations, I’m always looking for films to watch.
With love & laughter,
Hayley @ Spoonful of Scouse